Our mission, together with the communities of Miami, is to make our city a place where all people can live, work, and visit safely without fear.
The Miami Police Department will maintain the highest standards of professional ethics and integrity. We are committed to the philosophy of community and
neighborhood policing. We will build partnerships and coalitions with the business,
corporate, and residential communities to identify and recommend solutions to
problems with the goal of improving the quality of life in our neighborhoods. We
will employ time-tested police methods and promising innovative approaches to
better protect our communities. We value the cultural unity and differences of
our communities, recognizing that there is strength in both. Our commitment is
to provide professional service to our citizens, residents, and visitors.
IN OUR INDIVIDUAL CONDUCT AND IN OUR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS, WE VALUE:
IN OUR PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES, WE VALUE:
- Integrity and ethical behavior at all times.
- Respect for the rules of law and the dignity of all human beings.
- Acceptance of full responsibility and accountability for our actions.
- Empathy and compassion for others.
- Direct communications that permit and encourage healthy disagreement.
- Resolving differences in a mutually supportive and positive way.
- Individual and team effectiveness in solving crime and crime related
- Exceptional response to community needs.
- Equal protection and service to all, regardless of economic status.
- Continuous commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Innovation, creativity, and reasoned risk-taking.
- A methodical approach to problem solving.
- Responsible and creative management of our resources.
- Excellence and continuous improvement in all we do.